Standing Barbell Calf Raise
This is standing version of a Calves Raise using a Barbell and Free Weights.
Welcome to our Seated Standing Barbell Calf Raise Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do the Standing Barbell Calf Raise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other calf exercises.
|Exercise Name:||Standing Barbell Calf Raise|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell and Free Weights|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a block or two free weight plates on the floor.
- Place a barbell across your back and step up so the balls of your feet are on the block.
- Slowly lift your heels up and then lower them back to the floor getting as much of a stretch as possible.
- Return to starting position.
- Keep your knees straight throughout exercise or bend knees slightly only during stretch.
- Make sure to extend fully on the tips of your toes for a full range of motion.
Now that you’ve seen the Standing Barbell Calf Raise, check out all of our different calf exercises.
Or, if you’re through with calves but want to access more exercises that work your foundation, head to our leg exercises hub and link to our hamstring exercises, quadriceps exercises, and glute exercises.