Standing Calf Raises
This version of the Standing Calf Raise utilizes a Machine for Simplicity
Welcome to our Standing Calf Raises Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do the Standing Calf Raises using correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of our this and other calf exercises and add to your leg workouts and other weight training routines.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if Standing Calf Raises made the cut!
|Exercise Name:||Standing Calf Raises|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Standing Calf Raise utilizes a Machine for Simplicity. Also view the Standing Barbell Calf Raise.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your toes on the footpad of the machine and adjust your shoulders under the upper pads.
- Raise up on the balls of your feet, lifting your heels off the pad.
- Hold for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Keep your knees straight throughout exercise or bend knees slightly only during stretch.
- Make sure to extend fully on the tips of your toes for a full range of motion.
Now that you’ve seen Standing Calf Raises, check out all of our different calf exercises.
Or, if you’re through with calves but want to access more exercises that work your foundation, head to our leg exercises hub and link to our hamstring exercises, quadriceps exercises, and glute exercises.