Standing Leg Curls
This Hamstring Exercise is a variation of Leg Curls and Isolates your Hamstrings using a Weight Machine
Welcome to our Standing Leg Curls Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of leg curls using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this leg curls variation made the list.
|Standing Leg Curls
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Hamstring Exercise is a variation of typical Hamstring Curls and isolates your hamstrings using a weight machine.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand at a leg curl machine and adjust the rear foot pad so it is just above your ankle.
- Grasp the handles of the machine for support and draw your abs in.
- Raise your foot in a curling motion towards your butt by exhaling and pressing forcefully against the pad.
- Return to the starting position and complete the prescribed number of repetitions before switching legs.
- Keep your back straight and your torso upright in the same position throughout this exercise.
- Do this leg exercise in a slow controlled movement.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Standing Leg Curls, which primarily target your Hamstrings, check out all of our different Hamstring Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises page, which links directly to our Hamstring Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Quadriceps Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts