Standing One Arm Cable Curl
Try this version of the Biceps Curl, which uses a Cable instead of a Barbell to work the Biceps
Welcome to our Standing One Arm Cable Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Standing One Arm Cable Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This is a single arm version of the Standing Biceps Cable Curl. In each exercise you’ll be using the cable pulley to isolate your biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach a stirrup bar to a low cable pulley.
- Stand of the side of the weight stack with your legs shoulder width apart and your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp the stirrup in one hand with an underhand grip (palms facing up) and lower the stirrup to the top of your thighs.
- Keeping your elbows still, curl the stirrup up towards your chest.
- Pause for a moment then slowly lower the stirrup to the starting position. Complete all repetitions with a given arm and then switch arms.
- Keep your elbows in the same position throughout the exercise. They should be drawn in to your torso, shoulder width apart.
- Keep your knees slightly bent to help prevent swinging your torso and “cheating.”
There are many variations to this version of the bicep curl. Here are some of our most popular:
- Standing Bicep Cable Curl
- One Arm Preacher Curl
- Alternate Bicep Curl
- Reverse Curl
- Zottman Preacher Curl
Now that you’ve seen Standing One Arm Cable Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises