Standing Overhead Triceps Extension
This Tricep Exercise is a Barbell Exercise and an Overhead Version of Triceps Extension
Welcome to our Standing Overhead Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Tricep Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Standing Overhead Triceps Extension|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell or EZ Curl Bar|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is one of our Barbell Exercises and is a version of standard Triceps Extension.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your back straight and your abs drawn in.
- Hold a barbell or EZ Curl bar about 6-8 inches apart with your palms facing up.
- Raise the bar over your head and slowly lower the dumbbell in an arc behind your head, towards your back.
- Slowly raise the bar back up to the starting position.
- Keep your elbows close to your head and in a fixed position during the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Standing Overhead Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises