Swiss Ball Jackknife
Isolate and work your Abdominal Muscles with One of our 6 Best Ab Exercises.
Welcome to our Swiss Ball Jackknife Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to ge the most out of this and other abs exercises so you can immediately add to your abdominal workouts, fat loss workouts, and other workout routines.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? Spoiler Alert: this one made the list. See what else cracked the top 6!
|Exercise Name:||Swiss Ball Jackknife|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Upper Body Muscles (support only)|
|Equipment Required:||Swiss Ball / Exercise Ball|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The Swiss Ball Jackknife uses an exercise ball/swiss ball to isolate and work your abdominal muscles. The ball forces you to keep your abs contracted and balance your bodyweight throughout the exercise.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Lay on your stomach as if you were performing a pushup. Place your feet and shins over an exercise or stability ball.
- While keeping your back straight and supporting your weight on your hands, pull your knees towards your chest, so the ball rolls forward under your ankles.
- Crunch your abs and then roll the ball back to starting position straighten your legs.
- Keep your back straight as you perform this exercise.
Now that you’ve seen the Swiss Ball Jackknife, check out the rest of our abs exercises. Or, view some of our most popular abs exercises and other page of interest below.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Oblique Crunches and the Decline Oblique Crunch
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths