A Body Weight Exercise that Primarily Targets your Triceps but also blasts your Chest, Deltoids, Lats, and Upper Back
Welcome to our Tricep Dips Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do one of our compound exercises, Tricep Dips, using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Chest, Deltoids, Lats, Upper Back
|Dip Station or any Parallel Bars
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Triceps Exercise is one of the classic compound exercises that primarily works your triceps. Hold a dumbbell between your feet or a weight plate on a dip belt for additional resistance.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Grasp a set of parallel bars and push yourself up to the starting position so that your arms are fully extended.
- While keeping your elbows close to your body, lower yourself down until your triceps are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly raise yourself back to the starting position by pushing upwards and keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Keep your abs drawn in and your body straight during this exercise.
- Hold a dumbbell between your feet or a weight plate on a dip belt for additional resistance.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Tricep Dips, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises