This Tricep Exercise is a Variation of standard Pushups and uses a Close Base to Target your Triceps
Welcome to our Tricep Pushups Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this Pushups variation using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Tricep Pushups|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Core, Chest, Deltoids|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Compound|
|Equipment Required:||Body Weight Exercise|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a variation of Standard Pushups, but specifically targets your triceps using a close hand base. To emphasize your chest muscles, see our Chest Exercises main page, our pushups exercise instruction guide, and/or some of these pushups variations:
- Biased Pushups
- Exercise Ball Pushups
- Plyo Pushups
- Wide Chest Pushups
To Perform This Exercise:
- Kneel down on the floor or a mat in a pushup position with your thumbs together.
- Draw your abs in and keep your back and neck in a straight line.
- Slowly lower your body until you are nearly touching the floor.
- In a controlled manner, push your body back up to the starting position by extending your elbows.
- Focus on keeping your elbows close to your sides as you push yourself up and extend your arms.
- Keep your back straight throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Tricep Pushups, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises