Triceps Pushdown with Rope
This Tricep Exercise is one of our Cable Exercises and uses a Rope to Isolate your Triceps
Welcome to our Triceps Pushdown with Rope Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Pushdown using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Tricep Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Triceps Pushdown with Rope
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is one of our Cable Exercises and is a variation of standard Triceps Pushdown. During this weight lifting exercise, you’ll be using a rope to isolate your triceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand in front of a cable machine and attach a rope to a high pulley.
- Grasp the rope with an overhead (palms facing down) grip.
- Draw your abs in and keep your back straight.
- While keeping your elbows at your side, push the rope down towards your thighs.
- Split the rope apart at the bottom of the movement and pause for a moment before returning to the starting position.
- Try staggering one foot in front of the other if you are having trouble keeping your balance.
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises:
- Triceps Extensions
- Triceps Pushdown
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Dips
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Bicep Curl
- Chin Ups
Now that you’ve seen the Triceps Pushdown with Rope, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Cable Exercises
- Best Tricep Exercise
- Arm Exercises
- Bicep Exercises