This is a Classic Tricep Exercise that Utilizes a Cable Pulley to Isolate your Triceps
Welcome to our Triceps Pushdown Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do the Triceps Pushdown using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Tricep Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Triceps Pushdown|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is one of our Cable Exercises and is a classic tricep exercise. This tricep exercise is pictured below using a short bar at a cable pulley station. However it can also be performed with Rope or with a V-Bar.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand in front of a cable machine and attach a short bar to a high pulley.
- Grasp the handle with an overhead (palms facing down) grip, draw your abs in, and keep your back straight.
- While keeping your elbows at your side, push the handle down towards your thighs.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Try staggering one foot in front of the other if you are having trouble keeping your balance.
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises:
- Triceps Extensions
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Dips
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Bicep Curl
- Chin Ups
Now that you’ve seen the Triceps Pushdown, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Cable Exercises
- Best Tricep Exercise
- Arm Exercises
- Bicep Exercises