V-Bar Lat Pull Down
Add this Popular Lat, Bicep, and Upper Back Exercise to your Back Workout and Other Weight Training Programs
Welcome to our V-Bar Lat Pull Down Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the lat pull down using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Back Exercises so you can immediately add to your Back Workout and other Weight Training Programs.
Have you seen our Best Back Exercises list yet? See if this Lats Exercise made the list!
|V-Bar Lat Pull Down
|Upper Back, Biceps, Shoulders
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Lat Pull Down works your biceps more than the traditional pull down. Like traditional lat pull down, you’ll be using the cable pulley. However, rather than a wide bar, you’ll use a V-Bar and parallel grip.
This is a great exercise to substitute for Pull Ups, and Narrow Parallel Grip Chin Ups if you are unable to do a full set. The goal should be to build your strength via the V-Bar Lat Pull Down so that you can ultimately do these great body weight exercises.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach a V-bar to the a cable pulley at the pull down station.
- Sit upright with your thighs anchored below the pads and your abs drawn in. You should be grasping the V-Bar with a parallel grip and your palms facing in.
- While keeping your back straight and slightly angled back, pull the bar straight down to your upper chest.
- Pause for a moment after touching the chest and then slowly return the bar to starting position.
- Keep your back straight during this exercise.
- Be sure to complete each repetition in a slow, controlled manner. You should not swing your back or use your body weight and its momentum to complete a repetitions.
Other Weight Training Exercises and Related Sections
Now that you’ve seen the V-Bar Lat Pull Down exercise, which primarily targets your lat muscles, head to our Back Exercises Main Page and link directly to our Lat Exercises, Lower Back Exercises, and Upper Back Exercises.
This Lat Pull Down variation is also a great bicep exercise. Check out all our different Bicep Exercises when you put together your arm workouts.
Final Related Pages
- Best Back Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Back Workout
- Cable Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises