Wide Grip Standing Bicep Curl
This Bicep Exercise uses a Barbell and Wide Grip to Isolate your Outer Biceps
Welcome to our Wide Grip Standing Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Wide Grip Standing Bicep Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Bicep Exercise is one of our barbell exercises. It uses a wider grip than the standard Bicep Curl to work a slightly different area of your biceps and forearms.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a barbell with an underhand (palms up) grip as wide as you comfortably can.
- Extend your arms fully against your thighs.
- Keeping your elbows straight, raise the bar towards your chest till your forearms touch your biceps.
- Pause for moment and then return to the starting position.
- Stand against a wall or post if your are having problems keeping from swinging.
- Focus on your biceps contracting and keep your elbows in the same position throught the curl.
Check out these other popular bicep curl variations:
- Close Grip Bicep Curl
- Bicep Curl
- Lying Incline Curl
- Concentration Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Wide Grip Standing Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises