Zottman Bicep Curl
This Bicep Exercise uses Dumbbells and a Twisting Motion to Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Zottman Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Zottman Bicep Curl
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Bicep Exercise is one of our dumbbell exercises and uses a twisting motion to work a slightly different area of your biceps and forearms than the standard Dumbbell Bicep Curl.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your arms hanging at your sides.
- While keeping the upper arms stationary, curl the weights while contracting the biceps. Your wrist should rotate so that you have a supinated (palms up) grip at the top of the exercise.
- Now during the contracted position with the dumbbells at should height, rotate your wrist until you now have a pronated (palms facing down) grip.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position by lowering the weight with the poronated (palms facing down) grip. As the dumbbells get close your thighs, start rotating your wrists so that they are back to a neutral (palms facing each other) grip.
Check out these other popular bicep curl variations:
- Zottman Preacher Curl
- Bicep Curl
- Concentration Curl
- Seated Inner Bicep Curl
- Cross Body Hammer Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Zottman Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises
- Tricep Exercises