Start your Arm Workouts with the Classic Bicep Curl
Welcome to our Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Bicep Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This arm exercise is the classic Bicep Curl. It utilizes a barbell to pack on weight and isolate the biceps.
While both barbells and dumbbells can be used to lose body fat, barbell exercises are more conducive to gaining muscle mass than dumbbell exercises. Dumbbells still have their place in most muscle building workouts, but when it comes to moving the big weight around, barbells are the way to go.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a barbell with a shoulder width underhand (palms facing up) grip.
- Extend your arms fully so that the bar rests just above your thighs.
- While, bending only your elbows, raise the bar to your upper chest.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Do not swing your hips or back during this exercise.
- Concentrate on your biceps contracting and keeping your elbows in a fixed position.
Check out these other barbell bicep exercises.
- Close Grip Bicep Curl
- Drag Curl
- Lying High Bench Bicep Curl
- Preacher Bar Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises