The Shocker Chest and Tricep Workout
Welcome to our “Shocker” Chest and Tricep Workout main page and instruction guide!
This one day weight lifting routine is your ticket to a herculean chest and triceps. Follow the instructions below and instructions on the individual strength training exercises to be most effective in your mission to massive. First, a quick summary:
|Workout Summary:||The Shocker Chest and Tricep Workout|
|Main Goal:||Gain Muscle Mass|
|Days Per Week:||1|
|Workout Type:||Single Muscle Group|
Workout Description and Instruction:
“The Shocker” chest and tricep workout is probably a little different than your standard push routine. How’s it different? It seems sacrilegious to create a chest workout without the king of all chest exercises, the barbell bench press, but that’s exactly what we did.
Before you leave the page to find a workout that looks exactly like the one you’re currently doing, hear us out: A lot of guys can bench press a ton but have comparitively small chests. That’s because some people naturally work their pecs more during barbell bench and some press the weight by relying more on their delts and arms.
This workout is designed to focus more on isolating your chest and tricep muscles and removes barbells from the equation. We certainly don’t recommend skipping barbell bench long-term, but try this workout as your push routine for a few weeks and put it to the sore chest test.
- Perform all sets of one exercise before moving to the next and use a weight that will allow you to complete only the listed number of reps.
- Rest no shorter than 1-2 minutes between each exercise.
- Focus on squeezing your chest muscles and your triceps during the chest and tricep exercises. Rembember what each exercise is supposed to be working and alter your grip, range of motion, etc. to make the exercise the most effective.
|Hammer Press or Machine Bench Press||3||8|
|Close Grip Bench Press||3||8|
|One Arm Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown||3||10|
|Wide Chest Biased Pushups||3||10 per side|
|Dumbbell Incline Bench||2||8-10|
Final Related Pages
- Muscle Building Workouts Main Page
- Chest Exercises and Tricep Exercises
- Muscle Building Tips and Weight Gain Tips
- Strength Training for Beginners
Know all the Muscle Building Workouts and want more Workout Routines?
Start at our Home Page.