Dumbbell Preacher Curl
This Bicep Exercise uses Dumbbells and a Preacher Curl Bench to Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Dumbbell Preacher Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Dumbbell Preacher Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Dumbbells, Preacher Curl Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Bicep Exercise is one of our dumbbell exercises and utilizes a Preacher Curl Bench to work a slightly different area of your biceps and forearms than the standard Dumbbell Bicep Curl.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the seat of the bench so your arms are level with the top of the bench.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with an underhand (palms facing up) grip.
- Picking up the dumbbells, rest your arms against the bench and extend them fully towards the floor.
- While keeping your arms on the bench at all times, curl the weight up towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the weights back to starting position.
- Keep your elbows in locked positions and do not raise them off of the preacher curl bench.
Check out these preacher curl variations:
- Cable Preacher Curl
- One Arm Preacher Curl
- Bicep Hammer Curl
- Zottman Preacher Curl
- Cross Body Hammer Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Dumbbell Preacher Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises