Narrow Stance Leg Press
This Variation of the Leg Press Exercise uses a Narrow Stance to Target the External Muscles of the Legs
Welcome to our Narrow Stance Leg Press Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this leg press exercise variation using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this leg press exercise variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Narrow Stance Leg Press|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Like the Leg Press Exercise, the Narrow Stance Leg Press utilizes a weight machine to target all the major muscles in your legs. The change in the width of your foot base targets the external muscles of the legs.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit on a leg press machine with your feet on the crosspiece 6 inches apart and your toes pointed slightly outward.
- To begin, grasp the handles on the side of the machine and release the locks.
- While, keeping your abs drawn in, slowly lower the weight towards your body by bending your knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Hold this position for a moment then push the weight forward by extending your legs and pressing upwards with an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Lower the weight to the starting position again and repeat.
- Do not lock your knees or bounce the weight.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen the Narrow Stance Leg Press, which primarily targets your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts