Overhead Cable Curl
This Bicep Exercise utilizes the Cable Pulley to Isolate and keep Tension on your Biceps from a Different Angle
Welcome to our Overhead Cable Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Overhead Cable Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This arm exercise utilizes the cable pulley to isolate and keep tension on your biceps from a different angle than you can normally hit the biceps with using dumbbells or a barbell.
Perform This Exercise:
- Attach a stirrup handle to each side of a high pulley on a cable machine.
- Grasp the handles with an under hand grip (palms facing up) and stand with your feet shoulder width apart and extend your arms fully to each side.
- While keeping your elbows steady, curl your wrists towards the sides of your head.
- Contract your biceps and pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
While there aren’t any variations of the high cable curl, view some of our other cable exercises for your biceps.
Check these out:
- Hammer Curls with Rope
- Lying Bicep Cable Curl
- Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curls
- Cable Preacher Curl
- Standing Cable Bicep Curl
Now that you’ve seen Overhead Cable Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises