Pushups to Plank Exercise
Work your Chest, Core, Shoulders, Triceps, and Upper Back Muscles with this Body Weight Exercise
Welcome to our Pushups to Plank Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this body weight exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find a free instructional video with tips on how to get the most out of this and other body weight exercises so you can immediately add to your next Chest Workout, Abdominal Workout, and other Weight Training Programs.
Have you seen our Best Chest Exercises list yet? How about or 6 Best Ab Exercises? See if this pushups variation made either list!
|Pushups to Plank Exercise
|Chest and Abs
|Core, Deltoids, Triceps, Upper Back
|Body Weight Exercise
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Pushups are a compound, Body Weight Exercise that work your upper body and core. This variation of pushups is even more beneficial in Fat Loss Workouts because it adds the Plank Exercise, an isometric exercise that blasts your ab muscles.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Keep your back straight throughout the exercise.
- The width of your hand base during the pushups portion of the exercise determines where the emphasis is placed. A wider hand base focuses more on the outer portion of the chest whereas a close grip focuses more on the triceps. See Tricep Pushups and Wide Chest Pushups.
Now that you’ve seen the Pushups to Plank Exercise, which primarily target your abs and chest muscles, check out all of our different Chest Exercises and Abs Exercises
Or as we said, Pushups to Plank Exercise are a Compound Exercise and also target your core, shoulders, triceps, and upper back muscles. Check out those pages:
- Core Exercises
- Shoulder Exercises
- Tricep Exercises
- Upper Back Exercises
Final Related Pages
- Best Chest Exercises and 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Body Weight Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises