Seated Cable Reverse Fly
This Upper Back, Trapezius, and Deltoid Exercise uses a Cable Pulley to Add Variation and Blast these Muscle Groups
Welcome to our Seated Cable Reverse Fly Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this upper back and shoulder exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Weight Training Exercises so you can immediately add to your next Shoulder Workout Routine, Upper Back Workout, and other Weight Training Routines.
Have you seen our Best Shoulder Exercises page yet? How about our Best Back Exercises? See if this exercise made either list!
|Seated Cable Reverse Fly
|Upper Back, Trapezius
|Cable Pulley, Bench
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This shoulder and upper back exercise is one of our Cable Exercises and is actually a variation of cable lateral raises.
During the lift, you’ll only move at the shoulder joint to isolate your upper back, deltoid, and trapezius muscles – or “delts” and “traps.”
To Perform This Exercise:
- To begin, set up a bench in the middle of two cable pulleys and attach handles to the pulleys on the lowest setting. Sit on a the bench grasping the handles in each hand. This is the starting position.
- While maintaining a slight bend in your elbows, exhale and pull the handles out and away from your side in an arcing motion until they are parallel to the floor. As you complete this motion, concentrate on only moving at the shoulder joints and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pause for a moment then inhale and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Keep your body stationary being careful not to raise your torso or swing as you complete each repetition.
- Keep your wrists straight with your palms facing down and maintain a slight bend in the elbows.
- Concentrate on only moving at the shoulder joint and squeezing your shoulder blades together as you do the lift.
Now that you’ve seen the Seated Cable Reverse Fly, check out all our upper back exercises as well as our Shoulder Exercises. Or, view some of our most popular back and shoulder exercises and other related pages below.
Check out some of our other popular Back and Shoulder Exercises and Variations:
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Barbell Shrugs and Dumbbell Shrug
- Barbell Upright Row and Cable Upright Row
- Stiff Leg Deadlift
- Bent Over Row
- Dumbbell Pullover
Final Related Pages
- Best Shoulder Exercises and Best Back Exercises
- Back Exercises Main Page
- Lower Back Exercises
- Lat Exercises
- Upper Back Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises