Seated Overhead Triceps Extension
This Tricep Exercise is a Variation of the Triceps Extension, which Uses a Barbell rather than a Dumbbell
Welcome to our Seated Overhead Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Seated Overhead Triceps Extension|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell or EZ Curl Bar, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a great variation of standard Tricep Extension and utilizes a loaded barbell rather than a dumbbell to isolate your triceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit on a short straight back chair with your feet firmly placed on the floor and your back straight.
- Grasp an EZ Curl bar or Barbell with a grip about 6 inches apart.
- Raise the bar by pushing while contracting your triceps and fully extend your arms above your head.
- Lower the bar in an arc towards the floor behind your head to return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Seated Overhead Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises