Smith Machine Hack Squats
This Hack Squats Variation Uses a Smith Machine to Blast your Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, and Calves and Ensure Proper Range of Motion
Welcome to our Smith Machine Hack Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Hack Squats using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this Hack Squats variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Smith Machine Hack Squats|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Forearms, Hamstrings, Glutes|
|Equipment Required:||Smith Machine|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Leg Exercise is a variation of Hack Squats and is done on a smith machine rather than with a standard barbell or weight machine.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the bar to a low setting just above your ankles and stand with the bar on the floor just behind your legs. Your feet should be shoulder width apart with your toes pointing forward.
- With your feet firmly placed on the floor, reach down and grasp the barbell from behind with and overhand grip.
- Next, lift the barbell by extending your knees and hips by pressing upwards and maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the lift then lower yourself by squatting back down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.Repeat the exercise for the prescribed number of sets.
- Practice the hack squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on the base throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Smith Machine Hack Squats, which primarily target your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts